Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Stable Boy Review/Opinion Part 2

(continued) It looks to me that by this time in Regina's life her boyfriend Daniel was the only person keeping Regina sane. Her father may have tried but I'm sure he was too much a mediator and not the one who wore the pants in the family (very obvious of course). Take him (Daniel) away and Regina becomes her mother and sadly Snow White becomes what Regina used to be only a little more pure and not so abused. Not yet of course! .
Which leads me right into Regina's and Snow 's relationship. Before I go any further I want to say that Bailee Madison's acting as Snow White was spot on! She did a wonderful job. I wouldn't mind if we see her again sometime. You go girl! THIS was the meat and potatoes of the episode. Seems like everyone has some kind of bad luck in love on this show and yes Daniel is the reason for Regina's hatred but the interactions between Snow and Regina were really the focal point. Regina's warped, constantly abused mind decided to place blame onto a little girl who was already hurting because of the loss of her own mother. I'm sure there are or was (with the way this show goes) some just desserts coming for Regina's mom but placing a lot of the blame on little Snow shows how much Regina was still afraid of her mother at the moment. Now that Regina is going to be Snow's step-mother it places Regina in her own mother's shoes. Instead of trying to be a better mother to Snow, she decides to treat her kind on the outside but plotting revenge on the inside. Dare I say Regina's blaming herself through Snow for not standing up to Cora.. Now on to the next episode in 3 weeks UGH! Please tell me what you think. I'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. I've got a question - I just watched the episode. The woman in the parking lot at the end - Is that the supposedly dead wife? Or someone else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, great question Lindsay! I totally forgot to add that into the review and very important with the mystery. lol! Yes, that was Katherine Nolan, Prince Charming/David's wife! Now that she has returned Snow can't be charged with murder. I believe that was Rumples' doing because he did say earlier to Emma, "Let me do my magic." Something like that. I read in a comment somewhere that Rumples seems to be playing everyone like chess pieces. Possibly to take the queen in the end maybe? I believe he's on his side at the moment or maybe whichever side causes the most problems at the moment. lol!

      Delete