Sunday, April 8, 2012

HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS BOOK REVIEW PART 2

(continued) What can you do in a house where you truly do not know what is lurking around every corner and where your own mother can be kidnapped by someone from another time possibly never being seen or heard from again?! All this and more when you open the pages of the first book in the Dreamhouse Kings series from author Robert Liparulo.
The book kept my interest from the very beginning which is always a good thing. Looking through the eyes of Xander King was also a good move because he likes to look at everything as if through the camera lenses. He's always making a film in his head.. I also love movies and to me you could almost see every event like it was being played on the movie screen. Good thing because there are rumors that this first book will be made into a real film. All the more reason to read the series! The book can be creepy at times and even quite gory especially for a young adult series. Only one problem for me. I really couldn't imagine Xander's brother David very well in my mind. He needed to describe him a little better for me especially now that I'm onto the second book in the series which focuses on David's point of view of everything instead of Xander's. It is a fairly recent book with all six of the series being published in the past couple of so years. If you like adventures where the children are the focal point (like Harry Potter) and/or spooky ghost stories, even a little science fiction (I feel that this house could easily be another TARDIS from Doctor Who with all the portals from different time zones and each one of them holding dangers like in that series) then this is the book for you! Heck, it going to become a movie from what I heard. Why not dive in and become a know-it-all before the movie goers like us Harry Potter fans were. lol! I really hope they get the story right because this book has the potential to be a big hit in my opinion! So go out and buy or check out House of Dark shadows at your local library. Give those librarians something to do. It's always better to have the actual book in the your hands than some electronic all the time! My rating 5 out of 5 stars. Please comment and tell me what you think. I'll post a review of Watcher if the Woods, the second book in the series once I'm done. Tootles! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment